How Can We Help You? Read Our Frequently Asked Questions

Personal Injury FAQ

Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer in Walla Walla, Washington

If you have been injured in an accident, then you may be wondering if your injuries and your situation warrant legal action to pursue monetary compensation. A personal injury insurance claim (or lawsuit) is a complicated process. The experienced and knowledgeable injury lawyers at Hess Law Office, PLLC can help you understand your situation better before pursuing a lawsuit and help you through the process from start to finish.

At Hess Law Office, PLLC, we can meet with you and fully explain the legal process and laws pertaining to your case. We also offer the following information so that you may obtain some basic answers to common questions regarding personal injury law.

Call our office today for a FREE initial consultation at (509) 396-6598 today!

  • How much is my lawsuit worth?
    It is impossible to say how much a particular case is worth, and it is impossible to confidently predict the outcome. Your potential compensation settlement or award will depend on many factors including: the severity of your injuries, the extent of your economic losses, and the extent of damage that was done to any property. Often, the chance for success in a personal injury case is significantly increased if the victim is represented by an attorney.
  • I was in a car accident where the other driver was intoxicated. Am I automatically entitled to damages?
    No. Even if the other individual who was involved in your case is convicted of a crime, you will still need to file a separate lawsuit (or insurance claim) to pursue money damages. While a conviction for driving under the influence (DUI), for example, is a very strong element for your case, you will still need to pursue a personal injury lawsuit (or insurance claim) as if there was no criminal activity involved.
  • What is the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Washington?
    A statute of limitations is essentially a time limit in which to bring a lawsuit, and once this time limit has expired, your rights to sue are gone. In the state of Washington, the time limit to bring a personal injury lawsuit resulting from negligence is typically three years; however, the statute of limitations may vary depending on the type of claim. Therefore, if you have been injured we recommend that you contact a personal injury attorney right away!
  • How do you prove negligence in a lawsuit?
    In order to show that the other person involved in your case acted negligently, you will need to show that they owed you a duty of care and that they violated this duty of care whether through unreasonable conduct, or deliberate intent.
  • Why should I hire Hess Law Office?
    We are dedicated to serving the residents of Washington and Oregon who have suffered injuries, and we have over 50 combined years of experience in serving injured victims. Our practice focuses on personal injury and wrongful death claims so that we can devote all of our resources and energy to excellence in this area. Your situation is important to us, and you can be sure that we will stand by you and work with you to fight for a fair result. We offer a free case evaluation so that you may obtain some legal advice and information regarding your situation before retaining our firm.

Share Your Story with Us

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation.
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.